4 August 2008

Disastrous

Let me say it now so that I'm not accused of being wise after the event. Pietersen is a wonderful batsman and on the 'should he be blamed for batting and getting out positively' debate I'd say let him bat how he likes - there's probably little point in trying to curb him. There are plenty of proper batsman in the side to allow for him as a luxury.

But self-serving luxury he does appear to be and I'm pretty confident that his appointment as captain will be disastrous. They say they want unity but they'll get division.

Mind you William Hill seem pretty certain. To be captain at the start of the 2009 Ashes - Pietersen 2/5, Strauss 6/1, Cook 10/1, Vaughan 12/1, Key and Flintoff 14/1, Collingwood 25/1. No price on Ed Joyce - seems odd !

5 comments:

Ed said...

I can't believe bets are still being taken - get your money on Pietersen people!!

Ed said...

aaah, for the start of the 2009 Ashes....I see.

I might sneak a small bet on Vaughan if gets picked as a player under Pietersen.

Ed said...

it's amazing how unanimous the "no" verdict on Pietersen amongst club cricketers....

Mark Davis said...

I see that after Headingley a Times online poll had 53% saying that Vaughan should not be captain after the end of the series.

Ed said...

I suggest that must have been idiot journalists mostly! But having said that, isn't it interesting that no-one even considered he'd leave before the end of the series....no-one was asked to vote on the chances of that happening as that would have been too far-fetched!