2 October 2009

England's batting approach

England's cavalier batting approach in the Champions Trophy got them further than most people would ever have imagined, but it does make me wonder if they are quite the right tactics. Personally I'm in the camp of play the situation, and would prefer to see them consolidating after losing a couple of wickets rather than continuing to attack quite so fearlessly. But beggars can't be choosers I suppose!

Perhaps it's because I've always batted in the middle/lower order I've always applied differing tactics based on the situation because that's what I think gives the greatest chance of team success. But there's probably also a selfish thing there because I find that getting yourself out (rather than the bowler bowling a ball that was too good for you) is so immensely frustrating that I am determined to try to avoid it.

England's batsmen can't have the same fear given the way they bat. So England supporters can expect a bit of a roller coaster ride as the side swings between brilliant and catastrophic....

1 comment:

Cricket Betting said...

Yes, the current team perform very good in some matches and fare worse in some other. It's time for them to maintain consistancy.