15 January 2010

More of the same...

I'll keep it brief as I'm sure you know what I'm going to say:

1. I don't understand why you'd risk a poor reaction to a change in the way a game is run by not utilising all the technology available.

2. I don't know how the ICC can get it quite so badly wrong when rolling out the use of even a limited amount of technology - attempting to do it without testing their approach comprehensively at a lower level.

3. I don't know how the people responsible for the balls ups aren't resigning immediately in embarrassment. Far from it - they don't even recognise there's a problem!

2 comments:

Peter Lamb said...

And the third umpire responsible was ...... Daryl Harper. What a surprise, not!

GROV said...

What rather concerns me is that the umpires seem to be making more mistakes since the technology was introduced. Some of them are quite dreadful and I would like to think that I would not make them.

Just a thought, but is the technology, or rather the application of it, being misused? I still hold on to the opinion that the umpire should make the referral and not the players.