21 April 2010

Things can only get better...

We had our first friendly on Saturday in which we lost by, erm, loads and I couldn't have performed much worse! They had a guy who averaged over 100 last year and I dropped him on 20ish at 2nd slip. It was only just a drop as well as it flew and I just got my fingers to it before it hit me in the mouth! Shortly afterwards another edge went between 1st and 2nd slip as we looked at each other and with the keeper starting to go for it and then leaving it.

Not content with that, I then missed the keeper with a throw from half way out to the boundary by the length of the wicket and bowled 6 overs for 50 (my nemesis being the guy I dropped). There was a wicket in there but I'm pretty sure he didn't edge it behind so I'm not sure that counts! Let's hope things get better from here....

How many did their main batsman get? He retired after 30 overs on 170p not out, so my drop might best be described as "very costly"!

No comments: