22 September 2009

An Addiction

My name is David..........and I'm addicted to online fantasy cricket games.

During Australia's tour of England, I played the Cricinfo fantasy game. I spent hours selecting, and then managing two teams. Trying to figure out who is due to fire, who is about to be dropped, who represents good value and who is not worth the money. Should I persist with Mitchell Johnson? Will Ravi Bopara turn it around? Is Andrew Strauss due a failure? Who is going to be rested from the next ODI? Hours spent agonising over these questions, all for rather dissapointing placings in the mid to low two thousands.
Still, this dissapointment has not stopped me from selecting no less than six teams on five different web sites for the champions trophy. As I write, Wayne Parnell, who has been selected in five of my teams, (I think he will be a very good ODI bowler - and he was cheap) is being hammered by Dilshan and Sangakarra who between them appear in just one.
Perhaps I should go easyon the Aussie selectors from now on!

1 comment:

Ed said...

Well I can't say I'm addicted, but I know how you feel. I did the Cricinfo Fantasy Ashes and found that Australia didn't pick the guy who I thought would be their best bowler - Stuart Clark. But my worst pick by some considerable margin was Bopara as star man - his points scored double for me and after he struggled I didn't have the nerve to change that in case he came good!

In fact, with extreme business at work I didn't even get time to swop Bopara out of the side for the 5th Test so he scored 0, which was doubled to 0 as he was still down as my star player!

Needless to say I didn't do too well!!