3 April 2009

Gutted for KP and Bopara

He's said some stupid things lately, but the one thing you can say for Kevin Pietersen is that he doesn't shy away from challenge. When we need him, he scores runs as a general rule - the polar opposite of Ian Bell.

So I'm gutted that from what I can tell (following it online rather than watching it) Pietersen wasn't out and the catch was grounded. A KP hundred would have been the way to answer his critics, and I nearly posted that would happen....but I didn't want to jinx him!

Bopara had the chance to dominate and really play a match-winning innings having got himself in. But once again, he's got himself out after a start. It's so frustrating as a big supporter of his, but I hope England stick with him somewhere in the top 6. He's not an ideal opener but he's an ideal partner to Strauss ahead of Mr Bell, who I've realised that I've just criticised twice in one post! Nothing against him....I just think that Bopara is equally as talented and will prove, ultimately, to go on to bigger scores.

I just hope that Bopara can prove me right in the coming months and years. And that KP can get some loving from his Mrs and then dominate the English summer....

No comments: