13 October 2009

I don't half miss Bumble


I think I've burbled before about how I find it difficult to get excited about T20 unless I care about the result so I've adopted both Somerset and Sussex over the last few days. Judging by the crowds, however, it seems that the locals haven't and what a miserable competition it looks and, judging by their expressions, the players aren't enjoying it either - too much money at stake, I guess.
But the worst thing is the commentary, based as it is on stating the bl**ding obvious and constant repetitions and embarrassing conversations with 'miked-up' players and umpires.
'Great shot!!!!!' 'Oh! He's out' - says it all really.

3 comments:

Peter Lamb said...

One possible remedy (even speaking as a Somerset member) is not to watch it. T20 could die (yes please!) if there is too much of it and too many one-sided games.

Ed said...

excellent publicity for your award!

Anonymous said...

Will they get 'the money' - the umpires and indeed some coaches have not been fully paid from the previous IPL series.
Neil