5 September 2008

Ex-player Fraser in line for Middlesex MD role

Interesting that this job description for Managing Director at Middlesex doesn't seem to ask for any particular experience!

Unfortunately applications are no longer being taken (I blame Middlesex member Mark Davis for not bringing this to the attention of Cricket Burble readers earlier!), and it seems Angus Fraser is front runner.

I always find it interesting that ex-players seem to be the main people talked about for top roles in cricket. I would have thought that 15-20 years of working in business would be infinitely preferable previous experience versus playing cricket for 15-20 years. Clearly those that decide who fills these roles think differently....

3 comments:

Mark Davis said...

Did you really think I'd reduce my chances by telling all and sundry about it ?

Ed said...

I'm not sure being 12th man for Hertfordshire qualifies you given that they seem to think you have to have played at the highest level!

GROV said...

You are correct Ed. The highest level as Mark will tell you is Old Merchant Taylors' 4XI where a number of us gained an insight into how cricket should really be played.