6 December 2008

The best age for cricket

Well it seems that my best cricketing years are ahead of me as you are at your best at 32-33. That comes as a little bit of a surprise as I think I can safely say that I am a far worse cricketer now than when I was 18, which was probably my peak! I think, unfortunately, there may be a crucial difference in amateur and professional cricketer's ideal ages!

But who am I to argue with something that suggests that the 2010 and 2011 seasons will be my years to remember when I'm old and grey(er)?

2 comments:

Mark Davis said...

Life begins at 58 !

Anonymous said...

I found the interesting bit of the stat how little it really varies with age. Batsmen seem to be in their stride at 22, bowlers a little later, and everyone tails off at 33-34.

However, I think really that fitness surely rules over age. Comfortably the least fit I've been last year, my bowling average jumped from 18 to 29. It could be a long 2009.....