8 May 2009

England's best seam bowlers

Although Graham Onions has burst onto the scene in this Test, poor old Bresnan only got a handful of overs and couldn't make an impression. I'm not sure he's quite up to the job, as I mentioned pre-Test, but I still feel sorry for him that he didn't get more of a chance against a weak batting line up.

But if you start to consider who should replace Bresnan if you wanted to play England's best seamers, the choice is immense...something that was pointed out in this post on King Cricket. I have to say, I totally agree with them.

1 comment:

Aussie Dave said...

I think the pertinent point that blog makes is "too many counties". In Australia, with only six first class teams the choice is generally much clearer for two reasons: 1. Fewer players to choose from 2. Players are tested in a more intense environment, with fewer first class players everyone deserves to be there and nobody is getting cheap wicjets or runs against weak players.