11 May 2009

Painful catch creates "moob"

This week saw a rather rotund pinch-hitting opener hit his 3rd ball at me at mid-on. He had left his first ball and hit his second ball for 6 over my head, so I was expecting the ball to come my way. But a combination of strength and a bat that was the heaviest I've ever picked up meant that the ball came "at speed". I know I'm getting old but even at mid-on I couldn't get my hands up in time and the only way I could catch it was to clamp the ball to my chest after it hit me!

Immediate result: caught and out.

End result: much pain and a "moob" as the swelling around my left nipple where the ball hit me is huge! For the moment I could really do with a one cup bra for my moob but I'm going without in the hope that it reduces in size soon! No, photos won't be uploaded....

Match result: a draw as we couldn't get the last batsman out and they held out 9 wickets down....very frustrating. You can see the scorecard here (for some reason the number of balls I faced isn't shown, but it was 14 for 24 runs as we pushed towards a declaration - had to get that in!).