18 May 2009

Slow bowling follow throughs


I've never really given much thought to my follow through except when I'm bowling rubbish, in which case I try and remind myself to follow through properly. Someone had a camera on Saturday it seems and I was struck by my follow through. It almost looks like I'm a pace bowler the way I follow through. Or so I thought anyway...




Note open mouth, ready to shout "catch it"!


....but that was before I saw this photo of our left-arm spinner's follow through. Blimey - foot above head and he bowls slow. What flexibility! I'm not sure I could have done that aged 10, let alone now. Perhaps if I did that I might turn the ball....

6 comments:

Pete said...

You've made the classic mistake of confusing Panda with a left arm spinner. He is, of course a Wasim Akram style "spinner", only without the turn.

Winks said...

I see you call yourself a slow bowler and not a spinner. I do remember you turning a ball occasionally (mainly on tour though).

Ed said...

I now have written proof that I have turned the ball at least once!!

Ed said...

I trust Panda....or should that be Wasim....isn't going to ask for image rights payments for his appearance on Cricket Burble....

Pete said...

He was just pleased to hear of his appearence and will no doubt be checking soon.

Mark Davis said...

You don't need to turn it - only make them think you do