26 June 2009

Team bonding

Some of you may be surprised to say, I think that anything that improves team morale and mutual trust is great. But going abroad when you've got a game in 5 days time seems a little strange to me - shouldn't the players practice in English conditions and hire somewhere private to do whatever team bonding exercises they wish?

I dont' know if Buchanan had anything to do with this, but I just hope that the ECB don't take his word as gospel. Like all consultants, he'll have some good ideas which should be taken on (which Shane Warne was never capable of realising), but also some that need ignoring. I hope that all in the England set up realise that and can take up only the good....

2 comments:

Aussie Dave said...

I agree. They can't find anywhere in all of England to bond???

Ed said...

They went off to Ypres so think about the war and sacrifices made etc. A thoroughly good thing to be aware of, but strange preparation for a huge game in a few days time.

Thanks Buchanan. Not.