20 January 2010

IPL auction - Shakib misses out again


I think I've put the mockers on Shakib Al-Hassan. Last year I thought he'd be snapped up for the IPL and he wasn't. This year it was surely a certainty after he's performed brilliantly in a largely losing Bangladesh side all year and was picked in the World Test XI and chosen as TWC's Test Player of the Year. Today, he emphasised the fact that he's a true allrounder by running out Rahul Dravid. But again he was ignored by the IPL franchises!

I am at a complete loss, and he's not the only one. Shahid Afridi - who would surely make any World XI in Twenty20 didn't attract a bid. It appears the IPL franchise owners have money, and in Shilpa's case beauty (I know, unnecessary image of her!), but not cricketing brain...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture mate. This should attract comments.

Rohit

idw said...

Like you very surprised about Shakib, he has been performing really well in a poor team, indeed he will be one to watch when we go over there for the tests. It wouldn't surprise me if he is the top wicket taker and run scorer for them in the series.