30 July 2009

Murali to retire next year

I'm aware that a certain Cricket Burbler is adamant that Muralitharan throws the ball, but I'm happy to go with whatever the scientists that have tested him say and they have cleared him. So for my money, he's a truly great bowler and the time had to come when he'd bow out - having seen the diabolical way that Sri Lanka have handled the tail end of the careers of great players like Jayasuriya and Vaas, Murali has stated his intentions clearly - he wants to retire from Tests in November 2010, play in the 2011 World Cup, and then milk the cash through Twenty20.

Fair play - I wonder if the Sri Lanka board will allow it to be that simple....they seem intent on making player's retirements tricky.

2 comments:

Mark Davis said...

Let me just say good luck to him and I hope that for the good of cricket no-one ever follows in his shoes.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck to him, and he is a great player who always be remembered.

** but what is wrong with "follow in his shoes"

I don't understand why u made this statement!