18 July 2008

Scrumpy Jack village scene

I appreciate this is unlikely, but does anyone know where the cricket pitch on the Scrumpy Jack adverts is? It looks like a top place to play, right next to "The Barley Mow" pub....but as there are so many Barley Mow's across England that doesn't narrow it down!

Talking of impressive places to play (amateur cricket), I stumbled across a place called Parham House last Sunday. We went in and found the most beautiful house and grounds, which included a glorious cricket pitch where a match was being played. I asked one of the boundary fielders who the home side was and he explained that neither side was the home side - the pitch was being hired. A plan is hatching in my mind for the venue for the first Cricket Burble XI game...!

2 comments:

Mark Davis said...

I think it's Tilford in Surrey

Ed said...

good shout!