16 June 2010

Spirit of Milburn still alive..........

And Colin Cowdrey too. Went to see T20 at Richmond yesterday (Gilchrist, Morgan and Malan were awesome) and my neighbour and I had difficulty identifying a Glamorgan fielder. He was wearing a team-mates sweater (how did it fit?) so we assumed that he was a coach pressed into service until he bowled (quite sharp too). So he was revealed as Mark Cosgrove (who's played international cricket for Australia). I'm very glad that the spirit of Milburn and others is still alive and have decided not to bother with trying to lose some weight myself - if it's good enough for Glamorgan it's good enough for me.

1 comment:

Ed said...

Yes, he's a large lad isn't he! In some ways it's great that someone like that can earn a good living playing first-class cricket and in others it's sad that he won't fulfil his potential....there is no way he can be doing everything possible to play for Australia (in terms of diet and fitness) and be that size. He must be happy with his lot I guess.