1 August 2010

Silly ages

I've never played in a league cricket team with such young players as yesterday - makes me feel distinctly old at 32 (which I still feel is roughly my batting prime, even if my bowling and particularly fielding are a lot worse than in the past)! The winning league team I played in yesterday for Steyning included Hywel Jones, 15; Matt Sewell, 18 and captain; Lee Mottershead, 15; Sam Grant, 14 and Luke Chapman, 18. Bodes really well for the future of Steyning CC, as does the thriving Colts section.

I'll go and collect my zimmer frame now....

2 comments:

Ed said...

Incidentally, for those checking the scorecard, I wasn't actually out. Caught short-leg off the pad. Makes you wonder why you walk, but I don't think I can change now as walking is instinctive to me!

Mark Davis said...

Join the club !