30 June 2007

Cook playing in Twenty20s

A very cricket knowledgable friend of mine sent me two texts last night....the first read "He's a great player and he'll probably prove me wrong, but I don't think Cook should be playing for England in Twenty20s". It was followed shortly afterwards by "oooops!" which I took to mean that Cook was out. I checked the latest score online and found that Cook had indeed gone cheaply, again scoring no quicker than a run a ball.

So should Alastair Cook be playing for England in Twenty20s? The answer to whether he should open for England in ODIs was unequivocal - he received the most votes of any of the candidates, but he seems to have struggled at Twenty20. Does this mean he shouldn't be picked again in that format of the game? Vote above or comment to let us know your views....

No comments: